12/2/12

Bluebottles

I went out to Durban without Rachel and Thaila today (they were busy). Dion was there and he took my mom and I down onto the beach to show us that it was a waste of time. There was an on-shore wind which brought in truck loads of bluebottles.  The waves were choppy and rough. 
My mom and I left. We just drove around Durban for a while. 



Afterwards we started driving home, but took a detour into Umdloti. We drove along the beach looking at the waves. No one was in the water. It looked a bit dodgy. The waves were rough but better than Durban. I decided that I would just go for a swim first to see how rough it was, and if there was a rip, before I took my board in.


It was freezing. Not too rough and no rip, but still a bit sketchy that I'd be the only one in the water. I would have gone out if Rachel and Thaila were with me.  On our way out of Umdloti we passed this adorable little hippy house.


No comments:

Post a Comment