1/8/13

Fit to Be a Surfer

Well after my last visit to Durban I came to the conclusion that I need to work out my arm and shoulder muscles. Every morning (well...most mornings) I've been doing this work out tape that's about 50 minutes long. It's really tough. It works out your legs, stomach and most importantly, you arms.
I occasionally do some yoga too. It is good for your core and it keeps me calm.




Also to surf, you need to have very good balance. So I stand on this now and then to improve my balance.


In a surf shop in Gateway there is this balance board. It is very good for balance as well. It's not for sale, but even if it was, it would probably cost a small fortune...So I decided to make my own. It's very simple. I nailed stoppers onto the underside of the plank so that it wont slip off the pipe, and I have painted it.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment